Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org noting you'd like to participate by November 8!
Hello all you wonderful women:
The first International Women’s Day in 1911 exceeded all expectation according to http://www.internationalwomensday.com, with meetings taking place even in villages and small towns. In order to observe the Centenary of International Women’s Day in 2011 we are inviting you to take part in a month long ‘meeting’, an exhibit by 100 women, in a small village in Ontario, Canada. This ‘meeting’ will feature your voice. We too, aim to exceed all expectations!
INTERNATIONAL WOMEN CELEBRATE!
We ask that 100 visual artists present works in response to what this theme means to you!
AyrSpace will exhibit the works of 100 women from across the globe for five weeks from Tuesday March 8, 2010 to Sunday April 10, 2011. There are three main objectives: 1) to observe the Centenary 2) to bring together an international artistic response to International Women Celebrate! 3) to contribute to a Haitian charity focusing on women and their children
We will publish a book with your stories and description of your work in response to the theme.
Submissions – the short explanation
Written – tell your story!
· Introduce yourself in 30-40 words
· Comment on what being a woman means to you 30-40 words
· Provide a narrative of your response to International Women Celebrate! 50-75 words
· Your response presented on 24”x24” canvas
· Send letter of intent to participate by Monday November 8, 2010 by email
· Submit finished image electronically to email@example.com by Monday December 19, 2010
· Works delivered to AyrSpace before MONDAY FEBRUARY 21, 2011 (extended from original date)
The works (24”x24”) will be priced at $350. If a work sells the proceeds will be proportioned to: 1) the artist - $200.00 2) AyrSpace - $100.00 3) Haitian relief for women and children - $50.00.
We have made proposal to a local arts fund for a stipend for each artist participating. Although we have been shortlisted, there is no guarantee of success. Many thanks for your consideration in submitting to International Women Celebrate!
Submissions – the longer explanation
Written – tell your story!
You are inspiring (Kim and I know you). You took the time to participate in this exhibition! We want the public to know about you – overall text will be approximately 150 words.
· Introduce yourself in 40-50 words – age (if you wish), location, influences
· Comment on what being a woman means to you 40-50 words
· Provide a narrative of your response, your work to the theme of International Women Celebrate! 50-75 words
· Please send this narrative in a Microsoft Word document – in a .doc or a .docx – this will help expedite our publication. If you do not have access to MS Word please send your text in the body of your email.
If writing is not your strong suit don’t worry – just write what you feel and we will gently edit the effort with your permission.
We are looking forward to your individual responses to International Women Celebrate!
· Your response presented on 24”x24” canvas – even if this is not the medium you usually work with getting creative is always liberating
· Send letter of intent to participate by Monday November 8, 2010 by email – please let us know within one week if you are one of our collaborators!
· Submit image of your finished work electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday December 19, 2010 – we have very specific instructions that will be sent to the participants – this is to help with the production of the book
· Works delivered to or received at AyrSpace before Monday January 24, 2011
We know that many of you can demand a good price for your works. Our objective with the submission is that patrons can have access to a work for under $400.00 (this included provincial HST). We would like all the works to be purchased, as we cannot return them. We are trying to engage a shipping partner – if you folks can partner with a company locally or have access to a key decision maker in a large expeditor that would help ship our 100 works to Ayr, Ontario – please let us know.
Kim Rempel and Jill Yuzwa